Did you know,......
Therapeutic Equine assisted learning is Non for Profit, all donations to fund sessions greatly received.
Find us on Facebook
We are one of only a few Therapeutic Equine Assisted Learning centres in the UK
We are always looking for funding so we can help as many people as possible who otherwise may not have the opportunity.
We are a non clinical environment, we believe this helps children engage and improve in a fun way as opposed to a clinical environment.
No referral needed! Open to everyone - no upper or lower age limit
Fun horse facts! Amaze your friends with your equine knowledge
- Horses can sense your heartbeat from 4.5ft away
- Fastest recorded speed of a horse was 55 MPH
- The horses eye balls are bigger than any other animals
- The average horse produces 2 Tonnes of manure a year
- A new born foal can run with in 2 hours of birth
- Horses Teeth occupy more room in their head than their brain
- 60% of a horses weight is carried on their front leg
- A horses memory is thought to be better than an elephants, so what an Elephant forgets a horse remembers
- The average horse drinks 6-12 gallons of water a day
- Horses use their whiskers to explore and identify things
- Horses breath though their noses
- Its has been clinically documented that being around horses changes human brain wave patterns
- Horses are naturally empathetic, the members of the herd feel what is going on for the other members of the herd
- The Greeks documented the horses therapeutic value in 600BC
- French physician Cassaign concluded in 1875 that equine therapy helped certain neurological disorders
- Horses can feel a fly land on a single hair
- The horses entire body is as sensitive as a humans finger tip
- Horses can react to pressure that is to light for a human to feel
- Research shows that horses have a need for physical contact just as humans do
- without social contact a horses will be stressed
- Sir Winston Churchill once said "there is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man"