Please have a look though our website and contact us if you have any questions.
Step into the world of the horse… TEAL offers children, young people and adults the opportunity to learn how to engage with, and understand the language of horses and ponies in a natural non clinical environment.
Explore being with horses... learning from horses... and connecting with horses...
We provide a safe natural environment with horses and ponies for children , young people and adults.
Suitable for those who have had very little to do with horses in the past, or those who have already ridden at a riding school, but never got the opportunity to really engage with a horse or pony.
We do not offer horse riding, but there are also some good local riding stables close by.
In TEAL sessions children, young people and adults go on an adventure - discovering the world of the horse by participating in the following:
• Observing and interpreting how horses communicate
Non verbal communication skills
Learning fine and gross motor skills
History of the horses over time
Basic maths, English and history
• Understanding how horses behave naturally in a herd
• Paying attention to how horses learn and perceive things
• Building a rapport, communicating at a distance and close-up
• Grooming and horse husbandry
• Engaging with horses by sharing their environment
• Learning how to lead a horse
• Learning to work with horses at liberty - with no lead rope at all.
Equine Assisted Learning.....
Make yourself herd!
07506 965 789
A teenage girl from #Westerham with autism, who was never expected to speak or walk, is now doing both after spending time with horses. Tiffany Heath said nothing until she was eight years old. She began to make clicking sounds to communicate with horses which very gradually turned into speech.Posted by BBC South East Today on Wednesday, February 24, 2016